What is it you dream of, child of mine?

Here's a little NAQ for people who might be interested. What's an NAQ, you ask? Well, it's like an FAQ, only it's questions people never ask me. (Okay, maybe some people ask me some of these, but not very often.)

Q: What's your real name?
A: My first name is April. I'm not telling you my last name.

Q: Where do you live?
A: In England, far away from everyone else I know (except Angel).

Q: How old are you?
A: 29. I'll be 30 in March.

Q: Are you male or female?
A: I'm a transgender female, currently 3+ months on HRT.

Q: What do you look like?
A: Not feminine enough. But I'm hoping that'll change sooner or later.

Q: Do you actually have a real job?
A: I work as a live-in carer for a housemate. I get paid for it, and it also means I don't have to look for work, so I'm happy. I also sometimes edit my housemate's stories, but that's more a thing I do to help out rather than an actual job.

Q: Wait, your housemate writes stories?
A: Yes, and you can read them at http://author.to/angelwedge (normal stuff), http://author.to/angelraymond (adult stuff) and http://author.to/kittyangel (age regression stories).

Q: What's your favourite _____?
A: I like so many things that it's difficult for me to pick one favourite, but these are a few of my favourite things. For food: pizza, pasta, fajitas, sweets, cheese. For games: Kingdom Hearts II, Persona 5, Prince of Persia (the PS3/360 one), Sonic Generations, Final Fantasy X. For TV shows/anime: Kamen Rider Ex-Aid, No Game No Life, Black Rock Shooter, Persona 4 anime. For drink: Dr Pepper and Fanta Fruit Twist Zero. For bands/artists: Stratovarius, Dream Theater, Sonata Arctica, Rhapsody of Fire, Nightwish. For country: Finland. For language: Finnish, Greek, Japanese.

Q: What else do you do besides write pointless blog posts?
A: Elsewhere on the internet, I have a YouTube channel at http://www.youtube.com/c/undefeatabletwilightcatgirl where I read books and talk about my gender transition. I also hang out on IRC and Discord a lot. In the real world, I mostly play video games and watch random videos on YouTube.

Q: What kind of YouTube videos do you watch?
A: I like to watch Let's Plays, YouTube Poops, ASMR videos, Good Mythical Morning videos, game reviews, meme videos and a bunch of other stuff.

Q: Do you have a favourite YouTuber?
A: I mostly watch Caddicarus, Rhett and Link, Markiplier and Jacksepticeye.

Q: Are you aware of how weird you are?
A: More than you can possibly imagine.

Q: Why don't you try to be more normal?
A: Because normal is boring.

Q: Why do you post so many pointless trivia things?
A: I really like random trivia. I like learning it and I like sharing it. And sometimes I just get the urge to tell people random facts about things. So I figured instead of boring people by telling them directly, I'll get it out of my system by posting it in a blog and then people can read it if they like. The "pointless" isn't meant to be negative or a reference to the TV game show Pointless, it's just basically saying that it's probably not going to be very useful or beneficial for you to know this stuff, but that doesn't mean it can't be interesting.

Q: You know some of those facts are wrong, right?
A: Yes, I know. I should go back and edit some of those posts and correct some stuff, but I'm lazy.

Q: Do you have a boyfriend/girlfriend?
A: No, I'm a single trans lesbian.

Q: Do you want a boyfriend?
A: See: lesbian.

Q: Do you want a girlfriend?
A: I'm not looking for a proper relationship, but having a cute girl I could hang out with, cuddle and play games with would be nice.

Q: How tall are you?
A: Not very.

Q: If you won the lottery, what would you do?
A: Buy all the game consoles and games I want, book a first-class flight to America so I can visit all of my awesome friends there, then put the rest in a blind trust.

Q: Why are you so weird?
A: It's an art I've perfected over the years.

Q: Hey, I looked at your YouTube channel. Are you ever going to finish playing Chroma Squad?
A: Probably not. The program I used to record my gaming doesn't work anymore for some reason. Maybe if I find another one, I can start doing gameplay videos again.

Q: Hey, how do I talk to you?
A: You can find me on the IRC server irc.justtrance.net under the name twilightL or publicatgirl (depending on whether I'm at home or in a pub) or on Discord under the name twilightL#5551. I'm shy and passive usually, but I don't mind being talked to.

Q: What's a public at girl?
A: It's "public catgirl", but I merged the Cs because I think it looks better that way. It's short for "public house catgirl", public house being the proper name for a pub.

Q: So you're a catgirl? Does that mean you're a furry?
A: Not really. Catgirls like me have normal, human skin, we just have cat ears and tails. I have nothing against the furry fandom, but I'm not part of it myself. Some people call it a "neko", but I don't like using that term because "neko" just means "cat" in Japanese, so it's not very accurate to use it to describe a human-looking girl with cat ears and tail. "Nekomusume" is the proper Japanese term for such a thing.

Q: Hey, will you do this thing for me?
A: Only if I like you, it's not too hard or unpleasant, and/or you'll pay me for it.

Q: What's the deal with the beginning and end of your videos?
A: The thing I say at the start of my videos is "Dojya~n!" It's a thing from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure that I stole. As far as I can tell, it's basically a Japanese equivalent of "Ta-da!" The little wave thingy I do at the end is the Hibiki Salute, named after the main character of the TV show Kamen Rider Hibiki.

Q: Do you ever actually go outside?
A: Yes, I go for a walk every day. I also go to two different pub quizzes (on Tuesday and Wednesday) and I go to a local munch (basically, a social gathering for kinky people) every month.

Q: Why are you a catgirl?
A: Why are you a human?

Q: Where do you get all your random facts from?
A: Mostly TVTropes. I get a lot of my gaming facts from Did You Know Gaming? as well.

Q: What would your ideal date be like?
A: First we'd go to an arcade, then to an Italian or Mexican restaurant, then home and sit on the sofa wrapped in a blanket together playing video games until one or both of us fell asleep.

Okay, that's all I can think of right now. If anyone has any AAQs (Actually Asked Questions) for me to add to this, feel free to tell them to me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She said "I can't love a wayward man!"

Get ready, time for a lesson!

As I sleepwalk in the rain