What is love?

In celebration of Valentine's Day (which I know was yesterday but shut up), I decided to ask most of my characters what "love" means to them. This is what they said.

Jutah: It's like when you always want to be around someone, even if you'd normally rather be alone.

Keyakku: Love is a burning flame, but like all flames, it'll go out if you don't feed it occasionally.

Ketana: When you're around a certain person, and everything just feels like a dream and they make you happy just by being nearby.

Kawaii: (singing) I don't believe in love! I never have, I never will!

Rika: Love is warm, nice feeling.

Sachi: Uhh... I guess it's like when you really like someone, except even more?

Crystal: Something that's very difficult to define.

Ita: When you're with someone you love, you feel like you could do anything!

Kata: Nothing I want to bother with.

Annri: Overrated, if you ask me...

Dana: I think people say "love" when they mean either "affection" or "lust", but both are nice.

Ruby: A feeling that makes people act really weird.

Emerald: A feeling of deep affection for someone close to you.

Sapphire: ...A precious feeling.

Diamond: Something that makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

January: An act that can melt a frozen heart, right? (giggles softly)

February: Something that makes your heart race and your body feel warm and your head feel like you're floating and... (sighs dreamily)

March: Some very strange brain and hormonal activity in humans!

April: I believe love is a beautiful and multi-faceted thing, like a precious gemstone.

May: (signing) Like an adrenaline rush, but even better.

June: Just a strong feeling of emotion towards someone else, nothing more or less.

July: When you fall in love with someone, it's like an explosion goes off in your heart.

August: I've read lots of romance stories, and I still have no idea...

September: A beautiful, pure and mysterious feeling, so simple in concept and yet so enigmatic and undefineable.

October: I think it's how people decide who they want to spend the rest of their life with.

November: A feeling of strong, deep affection towards someone close to you.

December: Huh? Come on, don't waste my time with that crap.

Yuri: What does love mean to me? Haru-tsan. (giggles)

Haru: When you want to protect someone, keep them safe and never let them get hurt.

Nabiki: It's like a rush of intense feeling whenever you look at someone special to you.

Bonus Challenge - Dina-M says "Can you do one where they all answer the question "Why did the chicken cross the road?" ^_^"

Okay then.

Jutah: ...What chicken?

Keyakku: I don't think chickens really have a specific reason for doing anything they do.

Ketana: I wonder if it's on some epic quest or something. (giggles)

Kawaii: 'Cause it's got friends on the other side.

Rika: Umm... Rika not know.

Sachi: To escape the farm?

Crystal: Because it finally realised the world is much bigger than its tiny little coop.

Ita: Huh? Why are we talking about chickens now?

Kata: Why should I care what a chicken does?

Annri: Listen, I don't really know why most people do what they do, why should chickens be any different?


Dana: Because it wanted to leave its old life behind and begin a new life as a world traveller.

Ruby: Ooh, can we have fried chicken tonight?


Emerald: Because this side of the road was boring.

Sapphire: ...You know already.

Diamond: B-because it wanted to explore...?

January: Probably to look for somewhere warmer.

February: I wonder if it died, and it's crossing over to the "other side" in the next world to be reunited with all its friends who also died...

March: Ooh, wow, that's a lot of hits.

April: It's not my place to question the motives of others. The chicken's business is its own.

May: (signing) Don't you have anything more original?

June: Probably because it walked over one of July's mines and got blasted over there.

July: Because it was a daredevil!

August: Hmm, I wonder...? That sounds like a good story idea...

September: What are you asking me for? Why not just ask the chicken himself?
(alternative September line because I thought of two and couldn't decide which one was better: Because he wanted to prove his bravery to his friends.)

October: "To get to the other side". Yeah, I've heard that one. Who hasn't?

November: Ahh, October used to love that one for some reason.

December: Do you have something useful to do or are you just here to tell me lame jokes?

Yuri: Maybe it was running away from something.

Haru: I don't know, but I hope it made it across.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She said "I can't love a wayward man!"

Get ready, time for a lesson!

As I sleepwalk in the rain