Why not take a quick break, then come back for more?

So, in the video game Cuphead, whenever you lose to a boss (which you probably will many, many times), you get a pithy little "defeat quote" from the boss themselves, mocking you for your failure. So I decided to take that and put my own spin on it, and give you what I think my own characters might say if they were Cuphead bosses.

I'm only coming up with one quote per character, even though bosses in Cuphead have a different quote for each form/stage of the fight, because everyone knows I'm not creative enough to think of more than one line per character. Also, most of the Cuphead boss quotes rhyme, but I'm not doing that either because 1. Rhymes are hard to do, and 2. Most of my characters don't rhyme either. With that said, let's do this.

Jutah Tetra - "I've heard enough out of you. Now stay quiet!"

Keyakku Tetra - "You played with the fire, and you got burned."

Ketana Akira - "Huh? I-I won? Umm... d-don't be discouraged, okay?"

Kawaii - "Ha! Maybe try again in a hundred years!"

Rika Akira - "No feel bad."

Sachi Akira - "That's a total knockout! Match point!"

Crystal Tetra - "I didn't think I would win... I suppose I'm stronger than I thought."

Ita Tenya - "Ha, you're not even worthy of ie'ta!" ("Ie'ta" is a word in his own language which roughly means "worthy opponent", but used as a title/form of address)

Annri - "Ooh, that looks like it hurts. Do you need healing?"

Kata Jheta - "Hmph. Not even a challenge."

Watanabe Dana/Dana O'Hara (adopted name/birth name) - "Bad luck for you, I guess!"

Tykan - "That's why you don't mess with fairies!"

Tenebra Domina - "I tried not to spill too much blood. You won't mind if I help myself, will you...?" (Tenebra, for those who don't know, is a vampire)

January - "It may be kind of predictable, but... chill out, okay?"

February - "Oops... Everywhere's frozen again..."

#030365, Designation: "March" - "Don't look down on me just because I'm small!"

April - "Now, calm down and reconsider your actions."

(May only speaks sign language since she's deaf-mute, and these quotes appear in text in the original game, so she doesn't have one, though she'd probably "say" something like "Maybe you should work out more!")

June - "I think someone needs a little attitude adjustment."

July - "Come on, darling, I barely felt that! Try harder!"

August - "Don't underestimate the power of art."

September - "Open your eyes and see, it's not a dream!"

October - "I won! I won! Yay! November, did you see me?"

November - "Such violence... There must be a more peaceful way of doing this."

Saara (formerly December) - "You serious? That was the most boring fight ever."

Stormwind - "THAT'S what happens when you make me mad! Now leave me alone!"

Lorelei - "When you fight against the flow of water, you'll inevitably be swept away."

Aino Yuri - "Time out for you!"

Haru - "Have the results of my training shown?"

Nabiki - "It was a good match. I hope to fight you again soon."

Sophia - "Sorry, babe, was I too fast for ya?"

Arashii - "This may come as a shock to you, but I'm stronger than I look."

Star Breaker - "Finished."

Dawn twilight L - "Well, I know you're just gonna come back and try again sooner or later. Don't give up playing!"

Dusk Twilight - "Okay, done. Can I go back to sleep now?"

There might be more characters, but those are all I can remember right now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She said "I can't love a wayward man!"

Get ready, time for a lesson!

As I sleepwalk in the rain