And a dream is what remains

So... yeah, hi everyone, it's August here. I don't blog much, but... somehow I got talked into doing this.

So I wouldn't call myself a huge fan of... hypnosis, and stuff, though I have learned to use it for myself in some ways... But, as embarrassing as it is for me to admit, I go under REALLY easily. And... I've noticed that some... "devices" are more effective than others at putting me in trance, so I'm gonna... rate them, I guess? Or at least review them. I dunno. Why am I doing this...?

Oh well, let's just get this over with so I can go back to reading.

Pocketwatches - Ah, the classic pocketwatch. This has a kind of old-school charm to it that I really like. Maybe it's because I like old books, but old-fashioned stuff is kinda comforting to me. That said, though, these don't really get me very deep. A swinging pocketwatch might make me a bit drifty, and combined with an induction I'd probably go under, but the watches themselves only put me in a light trance, medium at best.

Spirals - Spirals definitely hold my attention, but it takes a little time for me to actually start going under from them. Even so, I have a hard time looking away when there's a spiral around, so it's only a matter of time... Simple, black-and-white spirals work best. If it's too flashy or colorful, it just hurts my eyes.

Eyes - I'm way too shy to look people in the eyes normally, so this is more likely to just make me embarrassed and uncomfortable than it is to put me under.

Jewels - Now these are my biggest weakness. Jewels are just... incredibly hypnotic to me, especially if they glimmer or catch the light and stuff. If I go into the city on a sunny day, I have to be careful not to walk past any jewelery shops... There have been a few times I ended up just stuck staring into the window of one of those shops until someone bumped into me and snapped me out of it. If you want to get me under, a jewel is definitely your best option. But... please don't, okay? I'm going to regret writing that now, aren't I...

Candles - I actually like candles, they're nice and relaxing to watch. They don't usually put me under, though they do draw my eye easily. However, a candle in a dark room is almost as effective as a jewel... Just ask anyone who was at my last birthday party...

Metronomes - Anything with a rhythm like this tends to make me more sleepy than trancy. If there's a metronome in a quiet room, especially if it makes a ticking sound, I'll be out like a light before too long. Though anything that makes a soft, rhythmic sound works just as well... a ticking clock, for instance. Not very effective for putting me in trance, but very effective for putting me to sleep.

Pendulums - Anything that swings back and forth is guaranteed to hold my attention, and depending on what the object is, will probably make me at least a little drifty, if not more. I mentioned pocketwatches above, but really any object will do as long as you can swing it back and forth... Though, I suppose a jewel would be most effective... I definitely wouldn't stand a chance then...

So... that's all I can think of for now. Are there any other hypnotic devices you know of that I missed? Let me know and I'll tell you how effective they are on me.

...Also, I'm gonna add this here as an addendum: please don't put me under without asking me first. I don't like going under. I don't mind the feeling, but I hate the thought of someone... putting me under and then taking advantage, making me do embarrassing stuff, or even changing me in some way. I'm taking a big risk by writing this stuff here, so please respect my wishes, okay?

Okay, thanks for reading.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She said "I can't love a wayward man!"

Get ready, time for a lesson!

As I sleepwalk in the rain